Swim Families –
We are headed into the busiest two weeks of our season followed by the Championship portion so there will be A LOT of information coming your way this month. This is both an exciting and challenging time for our athletes. We need all of your support in keeping our swimmers mentally strong and physically cared for (eating, drinking, and sleeping). Here are some key points:
- Updated January/February calendar with bus times: BHS Swim Calendar Jan-Feb 2020
- Saturday, 1/4/19 @ Shawnee Invite, Wright State 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy Dayton, Bus: 7:30 A, WU: 10 A, Races: 10:30 A (estimated finish 3:30 PM)
- Wednesday, 1/8/19 @ Trotwood, 4440 N. Union Rd, Bus: 4 PM, WU: 5:30 P, Races: 6 P
- Saturday, 1/11/19 @ Tipp Tri, 3060 S CR 25A Troy, Bus: 5P, WU 6:30, Races 7 P **We need 3 timers – let me know if you can help!**
- Sunday, 1/12/19 @ Kenton Ridge Invite, Wittenberg 250 Bill Edwards Drive Springfield, Bus: 11:15 AM, WU: 12:30, Races 2 P
- SENIOR NIGHT Tuesday, 1/14/19
- We will have a team meal (hopefully at the YMCA) starting at 4 PM where our swimmers celebrate the seniors. Each grade level is asked to provide part of the meal (details will be out next week).
- During the break of the meet we will announce seniors and they and their parents will walk through the pool area and get a photo taken. We announce seniors for Bellefontaine, Ben Logan, and Indian Lake.
- Our swimmers plan a gift for each BHS senior and we ask for $10 from any non-senior swimmers willing to donate to cover the cost of the senior gift. This can be given to Coach Lewis.
- The Starkey girls have two used tech suits that are in good shape for sale ($25 each). If anyone would like more details let me know!
- As a reminder, January tends to be a wild ride due to weather, please make sure that you are recieving messages from Remind in case of any late changes.
Our team has really grown this year. Our underwaters are improving, athletes are leading and supporting one another better each day, and the time drops will follow. We are proud of these swimmers and excited for this second half of our season.
As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns.