Swim Families –
It’s officially meet season!! Prepare yourself for the flood of information, results, and (thanks to mother nature) changes ahead! I have a few very important notes below:
- Tuesday is our first meet and it’s home!! We have most of our timer slots filled but if you arrive to the meet to find that we need timers please don’t hesitate to help us out! Timers get in free – there is a sign in sheet, everyone else is charged admission ($6/adult and $4/student if I remember correctly). Swimmers need to arrive by 5:30 PM to set up, warm up will begin at 6 PM, timers meeting at 6:15 PM, and races as close to 6:30 PM as possible. All swimmers must stay until the end of the meet to help us return the YMCA to the way we found it.
- Saturday we head to Trotwood-Madison High School (4440 N. Union Road, Trotwood) for the Trotwood-Greenon Sprint Invitational. Due to numbers this meet was split into two sessions (we should be very thankful for this!). Our bus leaves at 11:15 A, warm up is at 1 P, and races will start at 2:20 P. This is a great facility but there is limited seating so if you plan to attend you may want to be a little early (doors open for spectators at 12:30 P).
- You can find an updated meet schedule with bus times (always subject to change) here: Meet Schedule (Update 12/2)
- You can find an updated December calendar here (also sent home with swimmers today): December Calendar (update 12/2)
- We understand that the entire month of December is often full of family get togethers and we respect each athelte as a family member first. Please let us know as soon as possible if an athlete needs to miss any meets and/or practices during this time. Generally, meet entries are due a week before the event and it is much easier when we have the correct line up to deal with. We still want our athletes to remain committed and accountable and will only excuse events when we have proper communication. Thank you for your help with this!
This is a great time of the season when our swimmers start to work towards their goals in a new way. Please be supportive, trust the process, and help us to enjoy swimming!
As always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.